27.7.13

Si Ti Kay by Noor Effendy Ibrahim

Si Ti Kay are nonsense sounds that express a deep feeling from deeper within.

In and out, up and down, through pathways of purity and corruption, anger and calm, Si Ti Kay tries to makes sense of a mother’s undying love and care for her children dying in the hands of a nonsensical war. It’s about anger. It’s about war. It’s about mother. It’s about finding hope in spite of Si Ti Kay.













Conceptualised and directed by Noor Effendy Ibrahim, this new creation sees Effendy explore themes and artistic impulses inherent in his enduring body of works.

Artist Statement
In the beginning, god created despair, for man to find hope within. I know I have heard someone say this somewhere before sometime back, but I’m not too sure who, when and where. It must have been god herself who had said this through some men. I mean, who else could be that smart to tease men into such futility other than god herself. So there you have it. And here I find myself being teased into my own despair, holding on to too much faith, knowing that hope for me lies deep within. Gingerly, I slide a finger in, resting, probing. Somehow sensing the despair within feels warmer, softer, safer, I slide in another finger, followed by my thumb. But reason suddenly makes me pull both fingers out almost instantaneously, reason that too often leads to greater despair. I am confused. My thumb is still inside. 

Noor Effendy Ibrahim 







Photos courtesy by Cake Theatrical Production

No comments: